Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Family History

I learnt a little bit about my Dad's side of the family today.. suffice it to say it's a little worrying and very sad. I already knew that my grandmother was schizophrenic and that's why she died when I was about 6 years old. But it turns out that my Dad had this brother who was also schizophrenic.. and he committed suicide because of it when he was 20 something. Turns out another of my uncle's might have it as well, just not as bad. Now that looks like that's an inheritable trait..

There's just something about that family. There are.. 6 (?) of them (there was supposed to be 8, another did during birth) which is not too unusual for a farm family. But the last 2 are/were kinda crazy-the whole schizophrenia thing. My Dad was the last one before them. He straddles that messed up line I think. He is an addict, that's where his flaws start. And it only happened after the divorce. But he's also somewhat an introvert-that's where I get it from, but not nearly as bad. He has no friends, he is always by himself. I feel bad but that's the cards he was dealt I guess.

I think that's a kind of sign, that a woman should only have so many children. Because then genes start getting messed up-that's my take. Maybe Amber will come upon this during her studies, that would be neat to figure out.

Ps. My Dad can retire in September-crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment