Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Edmonton is Home

Never in my wildest dreams would I think that I would call Edmonton home, least of all be wishing to be back there at this moment. But yes, it has happened. I got into Calgary Saturday evening so I've been here about 4 days now.. Doesn't seem like much does it? But I spent a lot of time with my two good friends from high school, Nikki and Jenny, and now there's nothing left.

Monday we had breakfast at Cora's, then Jenny and I were off to the Stampede for the entire day. At 6 the three of us were in Jenny's hot tub just chatting. I don't know why, but it seems like there's not much to talk about with them. I think they're too much like me in that regard-not having much to say.

Then Tuesday the three of us went to the Stampede breakfast in Douglas Square, just across Deerfoot from my house. It was soo good! I hadn't been to a Stampede breakfast in at least a decade! They had native dancers, ponies, a petting zoo and live music. I was worried it would rain but it was really sunny at 10am. Of course at 11 it was clouding over again. For the rest of the day we went our own ways but then reunited again for supper. We BBQd The Keg hamburgers, they were delicious! Jenny had some smore fixins kicking around so we had some of those as well as an ice cream sandwich each! We were super cool and did the smores on the BBQ. We played Life, Skip Bo and Uno to pass the time.

After that I decided I had my fill of hanging out with people. So I bought my ticket to Edmonton today, I will be leaving tomorrow at 3. My mom's reaction was "Already?". Well there's only so much I can do here, by myself, of course I could always go hang out with Gabi but she has work and school but I'm also just bored of being here. All I really wanted here was the Stampede.. I could be doing nothing in Edmonton as well :p

What will I miss most? The PS3; just kidding. Every time I come home I play it whenever I'm not doing anything else so I get sick of it, just so I will get my fill and not miss it while I'm away. Nerdy-I know :)

Up next is drinking with Victoria and her sister tomorrow night, then bday dinner and HP FRIDAY, then paint ball and partying on Whyte for my birthday! Then I don't work until Wednesday which is super lame. Time to start working out again! Also time to get back to my musical roots, I now have my sax back in my possession and I'm going to bring up my music and also my sister's guitar books. It's crazy to think that July is basically half over now so that means only a month until school starts again! I'm pretty stoked, I can't lie. I'm also stoked for Amber to come home in August and then Meagan sometime after that!

I think it's time to email PhysEd and find out what the deal is..

No comments:

Post a Comment