Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Consistency

Something I'm not terribly good at right now. This summer I was supposed to COOK, I wanted to learn guitar, and most recently I wanted to start singing again to get my vocal cord strength back. I was supposed to be running almost every morning and doing other exercises. 

..well at least I'm back to cooking. I made a quesadilla the other night and I'm hoping to make curry before I leave for Calgary on Saturday. Now that I am actually home during dinner time and have the ENERGY needed it's not a problem.

Not sure what happened with the guitar. I still get bored but.. I dunno. It was just one of those things where you think, "Oh, that would be cool!" but then you're bored of it after a bit.

The signing thing just occurred to me when I thought it would be cool to do a duet with my sister. But I always forget. If you don't happen to know, I sang for many years when I was younger with the Calgary Youth Singers. At that time I had dance (I know right?), soccer, bowling.. so something had to go. First was dance, then singing followed once I got older and time commitment went through the roof and talks about European tours were in the air. Then in Junior High my classmates and me sang for some government official.. was it just O Canada? Anyways.. I think we sang a lot that year and because I was (sorry to toot my own horn) one of the best, I was always belting it out and ended up hurting my throat. So after that performance I stopped singing and really haven't sang since then, minus the occasional rock band jams, and my throat kills after 3 songs.. So it's time to get the muscle back and get back to what I enjoy. 

Now the exercise regimen.. well since I work every morning at 7am.. running was out of the question (I don't go in the day because it's too warm) and I didn't on weekends or even do anything else because I was always so tired or sore from being on my feet all day. I know, I know.. excuses, excuses :p But I'm going to try to get back to it, no more census to drag me down. And my start times might change now that I opened up my availability. I plan on running when I'm home for the week. Gotta offset the ingestion of pancake breakfast(s)!

On a different note, I'm really missing soccer and these girls:


By far the best team I've ever had, and they'll be my friends forever, no matter how far apart we are and how seldom we speak. Much like the friends I have in my life right now, but definitely not the same. If we could create this team again when everyone is done uni, how sick would that be?

Now no more soccer for me this summer, we didn't have enough players for the summer term league.. I may have to go to the park by my lonesome and play around with a ball. 

8 more hours to work and 3 days 'til my mini vacay yipee!!

Hope all your summers are going well! It will REALLY feel like summer once I get home. The nice weather has been helping too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment