Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Technology Dependent

A lot of young adults and teenagers are becoming way too dependent on technology, and I for sure do not count myself out. If I'm without my cell phone for more than a day I get anxious. If I can't check facebook or my email more than 3 times a day I get anxious.

Then there are the social networking sites that do a lot of good but also do harm. They're good for keeping in touch with friends and family and seeing what everyone is up to. But what is taken away from us if this is used too often, is the ability to have a conversation with a person.

Example:  A friend from work, JK, has facebook and blogspot. I have him as a friend on fbook and was following his blog. At work he was talking about what was new with him, but everything he had to say, I already knew because he had posted about it. It took away the fun for him telling me exciting news and then we also had nothing to talk about. This has also happened to me but not quite to the same extent.

I find it so ridiculous that we need these things so much now, because we're used to it. Some days I find myself wishing these things were never invented, but others I'm wondering what I would have done without them.

So just like with food, everything in moderation is good for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment