Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cooking Up A Storm

At the beginning of this semester my goal was to start cooking more, to cook more creative meals. I started out really good about this but then I don't know what happened, and I got super lazy. Today I got back that urge to make something good. I figured I'd make salmon, I had some in the freezer. Then I had to figure out what to go with it. Then I remembered one of the most delicious things that go with fish... wild rice!! Om nom nom. It was soooo good! I dunno how other people make it, but my mom puts in chopped up mushrooms and grated carrots and chicken oxo. So that's how I did it. It was absolutely delicious!! The rice actually had to cook a bit more but I was so hungry I didn't care! For the salmon I used a tiny bit vegetable oil and seasoned it with montreal steak spice. Also delish!!

I wish I had the motivation to do this more often.. maybe I will during the summer, learn some new recipes and surprise the roomies with great meals when they come back from their summer adventures!


Ps: Here's another random iPod pic :)

This is an awesome italian bakery/deli right in the heart of Chinatown Edmonton. I know... what? Haha
Whenever my family would come to Edmonton for our various tournaments we always had to stop in here and buy a trunk-full (literally) of this one kind of bread. They also make awesome sandwiches.
A few months ago Victoria and I had a random bus adventure through the d.t. and we went by this place so I just had to grab a pic!

1 comment:

  1. http://foodgawker.com

    if you're still looking for inspiration

    ReplyDelete