Saturday, April 16, 2011

Definitions - Pt 1

For whatever reason since junior high school I've had trouble defining my friends. In a group of friends there's always the best friend, the friend that you don't really know why they hang out with with you and then the other "good" friends. Especially now I have trouble making designations like that. Not including the "why are you here girl", I don't have any of those. I think maybe because for so long not one of my friends in my group stuck out as my #1 bff, so I called them all my "good friends" (And don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this).

Now I find myself paying attention to people when they say my "best friend so and so", and then "my good friend so and so" and not really caring who they name but more so how they come about it, why they are that designation. I think that I am a person that never wants to hurt anyone's feelings (on purpose) which is why I always say "my friend". But now I find myself getting older and the people I surround myself with are getting just that much more important. They aren't just my friends they are my family. They are all super awesome great friends.

I don't quite know why I feel the need to figure this out, its an enigma (not to forget it's a pretty good blog topic too haha). Am I the only one that ever thinks about this? Do you think about who you call your bff? I realize it isn't a big deal, but I'm curious ;)

3 comments:

  1. some people are my bffs and some people are just "good friends"

    like.... nicole, jacob, you, val, antoine (sometimes but it's strange to count him) and sam all fit into my "bff" category.
    my "friends" fall into someone like my friend irene who is a super good friend but we're just not as close. or like hannah to me, is one of my super good friends, but maybe not my bff?

    i dunno. i'd consider you one of my best friends because a) i love you and b) nothing changes when we get together, even if we haven't talked in awhile. we just tend to be on the same page, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, on that note, i'm sad that we can't be in the same city more, but i dont think that has affected our friendship negatively. we just adapt to the situation, which extra defines you in that category. you're someone i'd still call or ask for advice/tell you things if i was having a hard time, versus i wouldn't tell a friend who is still in the same city. haha i dunno, this was a good question jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG totally know what you mean! i have the same issue, but i get on fine without it. It bothers me that I can't say "this is my best friend" so I just call everyone friends. It works, and I dont think you need to have a best friend, just as long as all your friends treat you well, love you, and care about you.

    ReplyDelete