Thursday, June 2, 2011

Time

So I realized this afternoon while laying on my couch staring blankly at the TV screen that it is NOT healthy to be doing nothing all day. So I decided that with my extra time I'll volunteer, because there's no way I'm going to work full time at McDonald's. And census can only really be done in the evening, unfortunately. The more I think about, I'm not a fan of this job. I guess I just need to get used to it though. Just do a few hours every day after supper I guess?

So, volunteer options. I found the edmonton youth volunteer website and found a lot. What sucks is that things are usually on the weekends or evenings! I can't really do evenings because of census and the same goes for weekends, but it's more do-able since I can do either whenever, really. I already signed up for quite a few shifts for June with this organization called bikeology. You can guess what they are about. Anyways, June is bike month and they're having a festival on the 18th. There's a whole bunch of cool stuff happening, like free movies, mocktails, music, food, etc. On the actual day of the festival there is A BUNCH of stuff that is going on!! I almost don't want to volunteer for it, and instead go and participate in it. But I wouldn't have anyone to go with. SO. Might as well see a bit of it while volunteering and meeting new people! I've also signed up for the movie nights, sounds pretty slack haha. Hopefully I can hear from them soon, actually get a position and figure out a schedule so that I can book some days off from McDicks if I need to.
I also found something about a race or something? Not too sure on that, but that's on the back burner until I hear from bikeology.

Then I had the idea of the SPCA, but apparently they have a WAITING LIST for volunteers. HOLY CRAP! So no go. It was a good idea though.

JK also mentioned CBC's Play On this weekend. It might be too late but that would be cool! Honestly, some of the stuff I found.. I wish I could volunteer as a job!!

I think doing all this: working 2 jobs, volunteering, soccer, bowling from time to time, and occasionally hanging out with a friend or 2 should make the summer go by fast enough. It should also make me happy. Because, right now I'm not happy and am wishing the summer was OVER. Sad, I know. So let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment