Monday, August 15, 2011

TV Timeout

Augh I'm tired of TV but otherwise I have nothing else to do. And it helps me keep my mind off things that I have no control over.

Not that I don't have control over this, but I started thinking about my future. I was looking at all the classes that I'll be taking or could be taking for kinesiology. It clued in how tough it's going to be once I get to my fourth year (of the program), what with practicum and all (which will actually be really cool though). I can't help but worry that I won't be able to do it. Which is slightly ridiculous because of course I'll be learning things along the way that will prepare with the knowledge to complete these classes. And I know that I shouldn't be worry about what will happen in about 2 years time, because hey, that's 24 months and a person can change in just a sixth of that time. But it's also scary to look past schooling and see what you might be doing after.

There is a bright side to this though. Looking at some of these classes I realized just how well the programs are designed to prepare you for whichever career path you may take. I found that there's a class for ergonomics (which I've looked a bit into) and there's also a note on my degree requirements paper that says to take a certain class if you happen to be interested in biomechanics or motor control-which I very may well might be.

So it's not all doom and gloom in store for 2013-2014 :)
And once again I know I'm being presumptuous and dramatic when I say that, but right now that's how I feel. Just with everything that has happened to me this summer it just seems like that would be my path.

But I gotta keep it positive and look at what I have coming this fall. Now I just wish my advisor had gotten back to me today about the note in beartracks saying contact the faculty for certain restricted classes.. I hope to have at LEAST 4 classes/semester!!!!!! Tomorrow I have the chance to get into 2 more classes, but this time for winter semester.

Half a month to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment