Monday, August 22, 2011

A Piece Out Of Place

For everyone who has ever met me, you know how into sports I am. Soccer is the most obvious. I have been playing since I was 5, and it's the only thing that's lets me get out all my stress and tension. I always want to play soccer. Wether it be raining, snowing or 30+ outside. But lately I haven't really felt the need for it at all.

I've been playing with a competitive co-rec team, I had 3 games in two weeks in July, but the last 2 games I've missed.

First of all, that first game I totally forgot about it.. HOW?! The second one I had work but didn't feel the need to let anyone know. Uhh.. I never feel that way.

So what is it? Is it because I have no real connection to the team/the players? Maybe. But even so, you'd think I'd jump at the chance to be getting some physical activity! That's how I ended up playing with them in the first place! But maybe it's also that in the back on my mind I realize that it wasn't officially established that I was ON the team. I haven't paid up yet, which might also be another thing, I don't want to pay :p But seriously, it's only $35.

So I don't know what's going on with that. But as long as I have decent hours at work I'm not going to be giving up my Sunday shifts for soccer.

It's just weird because I have never not wanted to go to soccer, even if I'm sick! But I suppose it really does come down to the people. In minor soccer I had the most wonderful girls to play with, so that's just extra incentive to go!

And I feel bad for the team, not letting them know, but they're also not asking where I've been so.. w/e! School's back on the 7th and I have 4 days of orientation before that, it's gonna be a heavy first week back but I'm slowly getting more excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment