Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Me, Myself and I

Today was actually really good. I felt so accomplished just 2 hours into my day (though it started at 1 haha). I walked to mc dicks to hand in my availability, then went home and decided to go for a bike ride. It was so incredibly nice out. I mostly just wanted to get some sun on the bike ride so I put on some sunscreen (first of the season!) and headed out.

I headed west towards Saskatchewan Drive and ended up finding a nice, paved bike path that follows the river and ends of following Fox Drive. At one part, there's the river on on side, and the other is the equestrian facility. It was a really nice ride with the sun beating down on me.




 Look what I found!



Then I headed home to relax and watched an episode of Friends and looked up some ideas for supper. I wanted something with asparagus so I found a pasta recipe that takes it. It was SO good. 


The sauce is made of chicken bouillon, flour, butter, milk, asparagus, mushrooms, chicken and swiss and parmesan cheese. Very cheesy. So probably not too good on the fat and calorie measurements but oh well! Then for the stalks of asparagus I put them in the oven with some butter, garlic and parmesan cheese. DELICIOUS! I believe I'll be doing that again tomorrow as I still have some stalks left, but I'll cook them less this time around. For dessert is a cinnamon apple muffin that I made last night. I've found some really great recipes lately and am keeping ALL of them! These muffins are so darn delicious as well. I've eaten 4 already... good thing I've been active!! 

On the stove for tomorrow (not cooking wise..)..

I leave for Montreal Friday so I've got to clean up, do laundry and pack. I'll have a fairly busy day again tomorrow as long as I do all of that, plus I have soccer in the evening! I'm SO glad tomorrow in Thursday. I'm getting really pumped for Montreal, and I'm glad that I've finally gotten rid of all my worries about anything. 

Hope your summers are going well!! 

Ps. Check out out my blog that I'll be using while in Montreal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment