Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life is a Puzzle..

..and a few pieces are slowly falling into place. Nothings a sure bet as of yet, but at least it's looking good. I finally heard from statscanada about the job for this summer's census. For whatever reason, no one had called me to set up a day for the exam (to make sure you're capable, ie. not an idiot I guess) so I called them to ask if they had even received my application. A week after this (today) I got a call saying yeah they got it and "oh no one's called you yet? I'll make that happen." Wow, that was easy. And sure enough, about an hour later I get a call telling me about the exam day.

So that makes me feel a lot better. I was worrying that I'm going to end up with a low paying job that's going to drive me crazy because I'll be trying to work as much as possible. Granted, that could still happen, but at least with this job application in the process, I don't see why I wouldn't get the job. Still.. knock on wood and fingers crossed!

Now there was another reason why I was feeling so good about the near future.. maybe it was just that I was finally able to do some good "studying" today for biochem? I dunno. If I remember I'll repost. But I guess it's good I had that feeling, but now I am really tired and getting a headache.. ah! It's because nice weather is closing in on us!

Oh I think I know what that other thing was. I've decided I'm going ahead and buying a new ball. I'm going to go to West Ed Saturday morning/afternoon to talk to Dan about it and most likely make a purchase. Exciting! (And hopefully my computer will get fixed that day, gonna go to the apple store. Killing two birds with one stone!)

Hmm, maybe a quick nap before community awards at Lister?

No comments:

Post a Comment