Saturday, January 7, 2012

Keeping With Goals

First a little spiel about bowling..

All of a sudden there is a slur of bowling activity. Jan 15 - CTF zones, step before provincials. Jan 28 & 29 - Edmonton Youth Scholarship. Feb 12 - World Cup. YBC zones will probably turn up soon. There's also ATPA sometime to qualify (AKA win $1000 for CNCs), and then provincials would start up in March. Basically 2 events a month. Which I am glad for but also I realized that means I'll be spending a lot of money soon. Today was $94 for 2 tourneys and league, eek! At least I got some moolah from the government (tax rebate or something of the sort) which should cover all that good stuff. I'm also thinking of re-hauling all of my balls, get what we call "switch grip", where you have one thumb insert that locks into place in all my balls. Which means exact same thumb hole for each ball. Which equals better.

Even though this was my plan for the year - as much bowling as possible, I still don't like the idea of throwing out that much cash. I still have other things I *need* to buy or spend money on. So in light of that, I'm going to try to keep better track of my money, and see if I can cut down in some places. Something that will help though: mom gave me her "old" espresso machine so that means less Starbucks/Timmies for me! And in turn that will help my diet too!!

Here's a sort of wish list of things I want to acquire, mostly just to better organize myself..
-Book ends (I don't have room for a bookcase)
-Closet organizer/hanging shelves or something similar
-Shoe organizer, my collection is finally growing! :p

I've also decided I want to get a bit more creative with meals, so I went through our cookbook for college students and found some really interesting recipes and bought ingredients for them today. I might post about them when I get around to making them!

So.. money, food and diet goals are well on their way. Now I need to look into an exercise class (kickboxing?), go rent a gym locker and get my uPass and I'll be pretty much set for the semester to begin!

Ps. I really need to find a way to deal with stress better so if you have any ideas or sites to refer me to, I'd love the help. I'm hopping going to the gym more often will help. Also some kind of relaxing technique would be muchly appreciated for my tournament next Sunday.. I care way too much, I think it's going to mess with my bowling..

No comments:

Post a Comment