Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Was There

My time home in Calgary comes to a close tomorrow, and I'm glad to be going home. I remember last year I was super anxious to leave, I hadn't enjoyed being home at all, but this year was much better.

It seemed like an extremely long break and I spent most of it sitting at home all day watching TV. What else to do when you only have a few people in the city to hang out with, who are working? Plus I wouldn't want to spend ALL my time with them.

When I did get together with people it was great. Zoo lights, beer gardens, Mission Impossible, New Years & skating.

It was also World Juniors in Calgary & Edmonton the last 2 weeks and I was fortunate enough to get to go to a game and also get to see the fan zone, write on the Canadian Camaro, got a picture with the Stanley Cup, and cheer on Canada vs the Russians with about 50 other people. It really blew that we had to play for bronze but at least they got it. They showed true character, they played like Canadians play - they never gave up.

All I have left to do now is pack up: I have about 4 boxes of stuff to bring back and extra clothes that I picked up here. Thank goodness my mom is generous enough to drive me back to Edmonton.

I'm definitely ready to get back to real life, to feeling somewhat like an adult again, and to get back in the swing of things: AKA not more sitting around!!!

I've had a good time back in Calgary but it's time to get outta here! I hope everyone else had a nice and refreshing break as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment