Thursday, January 12, 2012

Job Shadow Week

My fingers, toes, etc are crossed that I get placed with the Glen Sather Clinic here at the U of A during reading week!! Firstly, it's in the field that I might want to pursue (physical therapy/rehab), secondly I think I would learn a lot. Not just about physio but also about real life work. You know that thing called a career? It's a great chance to get a peek at what that's all about, and I'm hoping that I can make connections and have a summer job with them or maybe somewhere else. It would definitely be great to put on a cover letter at any rate. And then it also gives me something to do during that week.

I only applied for the one, because every other relevant position would be hell to get to using transit. And I really don't want to have a position with anywhere else. But now that I think about it, it wouldn't have hurt to apply and just have that experience of the work place in general. Oh well. Hopefully it works out.

I'm also refraining from telling the world on facebook just incase my physed 'friends' get the same idea and apply to to same place :p

Registration is until the 25th and I missed the info days so I'm not too sure if it's one person per placement (though I assume it is), if it's first come, first served, or if it's whose better 'qualified' (ie. is in the actual faculty at the u that the job relates to) or if it's how well your shpeal about why you want to do this comes across. I think I sounded fairly intelligent, convincing and excited to get the position so hopefully that's all I need.

Luck be on my side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment