Sunday, February 5, 2012

Good Food


I just had the most delicious meal that I've had in a looong time! Funny enough, it probably doesn't get much simpler than this: spaghetti!! Yep. Take a can of Primo thick tomato sauce, and in some ground beef and you're good to go! As soon as I opened the can of sauce I was already salivating. I don't know why it's been so long since I've had the simple pasta, but it's been even longer since I've had a beef sauce. SO GOOD. Sprinkle on some parmesan cheese, toast some bread and sprinkle on garlic salt, and there's the garlic bread. SO GOOD!! Suffice it to say I devoured it.

Taken with instagram

I had been so set on finding new recipes to try, that I had forgotten about the awesome old standards! Man! Well now I have 3 containers of sauce in the freezer so I won't soon be forgetting about it! I also love how quick it is to cook. Especially now that I have the sauce made up, it'll be like, 10 mins, max? Great for nights when time is sparse!

On another side of food, after talking with my mom and exercising and nutrition, I've realized I really need to stock up on the carbs before soccer games. By the last 15 mins or so and especially after the game, I'm incredibly shaky - not a good feeling. I quickly restore myself with protein, but I still want to avoid the shakes - who knows, I may end up passing out some day! So. Here is my query to you; what would be some carb heavy foods that would be great for supper? A pasta meal like the above?

No comments:

Post a Comment