Monday, October 24, 2011

Rolling In The Green

Earlier in the year I had applied to work as event staff for the University Athletics. I had never heard back so I had assumed that they had enough staff. Last week though I got an email asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. Heck yes!

So Thursday was the interview and today, Monday, I got a phone call, and yes I got the job! It's exciting because one, I'll make ~$11/hr and two, I know people already working there/it's a great chance to meet more people!

I'm a tad concerned that I may be taking on too much now; that's 3 jobs on the go. Max I'd have 4 shifts a week (min 3), but that sounds like a lot. Though doing the equipment room on Sundays will give me some time to study, just not adequately. But this could also be a good thing for me. It'll force me to do school work right away because I now that my weekends will be pretty full.

So in November my schedule should be as follows:

Sun) ER 4:15-11:15
Mon) Leaving the evening open for a chance at sparing in the adult bowling league
Tues) Changing McDick's to possibly 1:30-6ish
Wed) Leaving the evening open for bowling practice which should be starting soon
Thurs) Soccer games are anywhere from 7-10, every week
Fri) Possible athletic events, 4:30-10:30
Sat) Bowling 9-1, possible athletic events 4:30-10:30

So..
Max 24hrs work/week.. I slightly cringe at that thought. But that means some nice moolah for me. And I need it if I want to do all these bowling tournaments, party, eat out/have a good time away from the house, etc.

I hope it's manageable, and it shouldn't be stressful work. But if something has to go, you know which it'll be. I'll feel bad because I just did the crew trainer training but oh well haha.

Crazy times to come but I look forward to the challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment