Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Round 2

Next week begins round 2 of midterms. Psych is up first again and I am already getting started on it. So far I've just caught up the readings (already not following my plan of reading everyday-but it's hard when you always have to study..) and I started making practice questions.

Last year in biochem, we had this online quiz for every module. It was a great idea and really helped. I was able to see where my strengths were are what I needed to spend more time on. So that's where I got the idea of creating an online quiz. My last exam didn't go to well, so I also figured I should try something new.

With ProProfs you can make multiple choice questions, T/F, fill in the blank and essay questions. It's a really handy tool and you can customize it the way you want your quiz to turn out. An advantage to making your own quiz is that you have to look at this information, create questions that you think would be of exam caliber types, and if it's a xchoice question, think up of possible different answers and then distinguish which is the correct answer. If you take the test right after, this is of course going to be a downfall-you just inputted all the correct answers so you're of course going to get close to a perfect score because you remember.

So, after creating 2 quizzes just now, I'm taking a break and then I'll do them later in the day and see how much I've retained. I now I need to review/learn the other things and these quizzes are only from my readings so there's a crap load more to look at, but this is why I'm starting more than a week in advance.

I'm super serious about doing well in this class if you haven't realized yet.. At least I enjoy creating study tools and the information being put into isn't too dull either, which definitely helps.

I've been here for about 4 hours now and am debating going home, or just taking a longish break and then getting back at it.. but my back is sore from this chair :s

And I'm cold now :p

I enjoy being productive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment