Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stokered

The more I think about it, the more stoked I am for this year. I've been thinking about my job situation.. and I'm definitely going to try and work with the U of A Athletics Events on weekends and then I guess hockey equipment room 1-2 days a week. No more ridiculousness of McDonald's for me! It's time to start thinking about myself and my future. I'm glad I got to see the physed schpeal about the faculty during orientation. They said to get experience in a relevant field to your degree. I was already thinking this, but why not start now? PLUS, I'd make more money and have more fun! Who doesn't want that?!

Also, my afternoons are going to be wide open, so I could easily dedicate a few hours a day to studying but then also have time to volunteer. But outside the U of A I'm not going to find any opportunities during weekdays, so I think I'm gonna have a look at some Student Union groups. Maybe the radio station? How cool would that be? Maybe the music library person?

I may be packing in my year, but if I can handle it and feel accomplished by the end of it, why not do it? I just have so much motivation coursing through me to go out there are get involved and meet new people. I almost don't want friends in my classes so that I can make new friends..! (But ironically I have friends in every class this semester haha)

Orientation the last 4 days just gave me so much energy to do so much more. I look around and see all these people from within the same and different faculties getting to know each other and becoming great friends. I wish that had been the case for me, ya I have a few new facebook friends and I'll recognize some people around Van Vliet but it's not the same. I got into it just a bit too late. Oh well. It takes time and I'm getting there quicker than I ever thought I could. I never would have thought I'd be the person I am today, even just 2 years ago. It's amazing what University does to you and for you. I'm gaining momentum and confidence, watch out!

Hope everyone's first day of school was good! I've got soccer class bright and early at 8am and working the beer garden 2-6 at 10$/hr!!!! Which was unexpected (I thought it was strictly volunteering), but that's great!!Also, the party is on tomorrow at Lucky 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment