Saturday, May 5, 2012

Summer Time

For most university students, this time is now summer; as summer proceeds school, as we all know. Now I don't quite remember last year, but I think this year is a bit different - it doesn't feel like summer at all yet. It could very well be due to the fact that I have spent almost every hour since finals finished at home, out of the reach of sunlight.. But it's also MAY, so the weather doesn't give a very good summer vibe. Though to be fair, I was down on Whyte ave the other with the sun shinning and it was getting there - it was fabulous!

So. Summer should always have some kind of adventure; should it not? I don't want to waste this one like I did all the others. I want to be busy, or at least not bored at my computer day after day. I also want to explore the city a bit more. After 3 years of living here now, I can alllllmost say I'm an Edmontonian (though I never will say it because it makes my stomach turn :p) but I actually don't know the city that well/have not been around it much.

Through applying for jobs though, I've discovered what exactly this city has to offer during the summer, and I'm excited to discover it. There's the ravine down by the river, good for jogging or walks, there's Hawrelack of Rundle park, with paddle boats & minigolf. There's the expo; right after the Stampede (it won't be nearly as good, but it should still be worth checking out). I'm sure there are other things as well, so I think that I'm going to take some time (as I have bucket loads of that right now) and plan out what I would like to accomplish this summer: a to do list/summer bucket list.

I always seem to manage my life better/enjoy life more when I actually write down what I want to do/what needs to be done. So I think that's what needs to be done! I really want to have an EXTRAordinary summer, and seeing as how I actually have friends in the city this summer, this shouldn't be TOO hard.. But alas, at the end of the day it is still me ;) Gotta work on that haha.

Look forward to a post listing all the things that I would enjoy getting up to this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment