Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I actually love the snow. I'm not a fan of what develops because of it, ie. icy roads which lead to bad traffic and bad slips, and other annoyances, but that white stuff makes me happy.

We had our first snow fall this weekend, not much but enough, and I was a bit indifferent. But walking home from work late at night, in a field full of the fluffy stuff seemed to cheer me up after a bad night of work. The next night, I was in a fabulous mood once I got through the field, I even had a bounce in my step. Yeah, I know.. :p

Last night, as I had just that day put xmas music on my computer, I was walking through the field once again, listening to those jingling bells and it just fit. There's just something so serene about the chilled, moonlight filled air, and kicking through the snow in my wool boots. It probably helps that it hasn't been overly cold though, the coldest it's been was -9 this morning.

I really enjoy winter so I wish I lived ABOVE ground so I could see all its majesty.. Which would actually put me in a christmassy mood, which everyone around here is already into. Darn you Starbucks and your commercialization of Christmas!!!

Speaking of Christmas, due to poor management of money (AGAIN-somehow-darn Starbucks again!), I'm not sure how I will last and buy presents until I get my next loan payment.. :((( (All money coming in is going towards rent..)

No comments:

Post a Comment