Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Rainy Day

Only the 2nd day of camp and we have yet to teach them anything soccer related. Yesterday was because we were too unorganized and today because we were stuck inside with rain and wind outside. So far it's been pretty great. We have a lot of younger kids which is interesting, the older kids have been great with them - we have a solid group of kids. Today we had a few discipline problems, aka not listening to us, but we couldn't really blame them,; being cooped up for 5 hours when all they want to do is run around and play soccer. And swim. Every 5 minutes by 11 we were being asked how long until swimming. We swim at 2 everyday, so you know their patience was being tried.

I almost already want to take half these kids home or be their babysitter, they are so adorable! I got three pictures drawn for me today, one hanging off of me every chance she gets and always wants me to sit by her, kid after kid jumping on my back in the pool wanting to play with me, etc etc. It's crazy how they can just cling to you after 1 day. There are already so many good stories to pass along, I'm going to have soo many this summer. I'm hoping I'll get to spend the majority of my time at this location, I work with two other great people and the kids are awesome, it would be cool to have them come back for a second week, which some will at some point.

I feel like I'm going to be broken by the end of the summer though, my knees and lower back are already going haha.

Tomorrow is supposed to get to 21 so we'll have a good day of soccer. Then Friday is supposed to get really hot, but hopefully not too much so we can end the week with some games and prizes. It's really too bad we didn't have a session on Monday because of Canada Day, 4 days is not enough, especially when you throw a rain day in there.

I'm sore and tired by the end of the day but I wouldn't trade it for much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment