Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Counting Down/Summer Update

60 days till I'm back in Edmonton-I am so stoked! It can't come fast enough! I've really had enough of being home. It sort of helps now that I have a full time job-at Tim Hortons, lol. Actually, I almost wish it was part time so I could somewhat have a life. My shift is Wednesdays to Sundays, 2 till 10, so I really can't do anything except for on my days off.. I don't think I'd really be doing anything anyways because the people I want to hang out with are also busy haha. At least my pay cheques make it all better! Such a stressful job though (at least for me). I put too much stress on myself to do things as perfectly as possible, but at least because of that all my coworkers and especially superiors realize I'm doing a good job and they are very impressed so I keep getting to learn new things that only a few know how to do. Like preparing "backup", stuff for sandwiches and stuff like that, and decorating the Cold Stone ice cream cakes! That part was pretty exciting!

Oh my goodness, so Lyndsey and I went bowling yesterday for the first time since Nationals... man I sucked! It didn't help that 2 of my thumb holes were too big because my thumb swelled in St catharines, but by our last game I was sort of back. 211, not bad but I think I was doing it soo wrong haha. It just sucks because after nationals i felt like I improved so much and that I could do so well and I just wanted to bowl sooo bad! I didn't though so now I feel like I'm off worse than ever. We are planning on going every other week for the rest of the summer so that we aren't rusty for league in September, so I'm glad for that. It was still a fun time though and it felt good to shake off some rust :)

Cosmos is having a get together! I got tired of waiting for Jess to organize it so I went ahead and did it myself :s lol. We're just going to go out to a bar but I feel bad because one of the girls isn't 18 yet.. but it's kinda late to switch dates and what we're doing.. hopefully we can do something else another time. But I'm really excited to see these girls again, it's been almost an entire year, and they were a humongous part of my life the last 2 years. It was the best soccer team ever, and everyone knew it-as in people not involved with our team. Girls wanted on our team instead of the Tier 1 team (we were tier 2). I was so lucky to get on this team, I'm so glad I made that decision to move up and that this team's original coach was also my sisters coach and that's how he knew me and convinced the people making the selections to put me on the team. I'm so grateful, even though he's kind of lost his mind now and no one likes him, especially since he abandoned our club. Man I so wish I was playing soccer this summer, next summer though! Money, again, was the issue haha.

Arg, work in just over an hour.. I don't know how I make it through the day..

No comments:

Post a Comment