Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day of the month?


This could very well be the best day of the month. I don't want to go as far and say best of the year because, well, it hasn't been. And I very much hope that it won't be the best till the end of the year! This is one, pretty amazing day though.

The day started ordinarily enough, alarm going off, me not wanting to get out of bed, finally rolling out of bed and rushing out the door to catch the bus to the bowling alley (that's right, I bowl!). The only difference is, it's a Sunday and this is a tournament unlike most tournaments. I'm in this tournament for fun, for the practice for my upcoming provincial tourney next weekend. The day involves 3 games for teams, 3 for doubles and 3 for singles. There are winners for overall scores, either scratch or handicap. (For those of you out there who have no idea what I'm talking about, scratch would be the "face" value of your games, your total will be compared to everyone else's. Handicap means comparing your game to average and then giving you a new score for that game and then comparing it to everyone else's.)

The day is going by well enough, I'm above average (177) so I'm fairly happy. But I'm getting really tired and losing consistency. Then my coach comes over and tells me that I'm sitting in second scratch and that I'll probably stay there (there aren't many game left). Then he goes on to say that these top two get to go to Vancouver for Team Canada Trials!!

Bam! This hits me just all of a sudden, no pressure to keep bowling well, right? Man! I was just trying to convince myself that he was mixed up with a different tournament, but no, just before the last 3 games, they announce exactly what he says.

I manage to keep my energy up and I finish strong. So......

I'M GOING TO VANCOUVER TO TRY OUT FOR TEAM CANADA!!!

How exciting! I've only ever left Alberta for bowling once; two years ago when I made it to a tournament in Detroit. Going home, I couldn't help but have a smile on my face, which I normally don't have... haha.

Man, I'm just so stoked, it's going to be awesome, no matter how I do. I'm so proud!

Oh by the way, another reason this day is awesome: Pi day! So I'm going to go get some pie and watch the tight race in the Western Conference to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I'm cheering on my Flames tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment